by the editors 13/03/2014
- The Journal of Rural and Community Development has released a new, special edition on Rural Geography – Rural Development.
- USDA Regional Climate Hubs: USDA’s regional hubs will deliver information to farmers, ranchers and forest landowners to help them adapt to climate change and weather variability.
- Slow food youth gardens in South Africa promote nutrition and sustainability (FAO)
- USDA Agricultural Projections to 2023: USDA’s 10-year projections for the food and agriculture sector cover major agricultural commodities, agricultural trade, and aggregate indicators of the U.S. farm sector, such as farm income.
- A website dedicated to Philanthropy and Regional Development from Memorial University in Newfoundland, Canada
- In the new globalized diet, wheat, soy and palm oil rule, says NPR
- With improved breeding and cultivation, ruminant animals can yield food that is better for people and the planet, say Mark C. Eisler, Michael R. F. Lee and colleagues in the recent article Agriculture: Steps to sustainable livestock from the March issue of Nature.
- Food Report 2014 provides a summary of the past year’s trends and major events, including policies, legislation and regulations, in the Canadian food and agribusiness sector that will have domestic and international implications.
- Empowerment of women is key to eradicating hunger, says FAO. Women play a crucial part both as producers and providers of food.