by the editors, 18/12/2013
Here is a sampling of what we have Recently Read, just in time for the holidays!
- The proceedings of the Rural Canada: Ready to Grow conference, hosted by the Canadian Rural Revitalization Foundation, are available online
- Europe’s Common Agricultural Policy: Taking Care of Our Roots from the European Commission presents an interactive, easy to follow explanation of the CAP
Tackling Climate Change through Livestock: A Global Assessment of Emissions and Mitigation Opportunities from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
- And because we can´t get too many reminders: FAO has recently published a report on food waste. It is still an enormous problem – and unbelievably wasteful.
- Read about how rural towns in Minnesota are growing their economies and their population in Rural revival bucks dire forecasts
- Crowdsourcing the identification of farm land world wide: Im not just gaming, Ma! Im helping the world’s farmers.
Photo courtesy of Pam Morris