by the editors 19/02/2013
- Mining in the north of Canada is expected to nearly double by 2020. However, substantial impediments for sustainable growth exist (Thanks for the tip, John D!)
- NYT: In India, food perishes in the heat because of lack of cooling. Maybe a SolerCool can help?
- NPR: Rice shortage – The story of a shortage that wasn´t: How Fear Turned A Surplus Into Scarcity.
- NPR: David against Goliath – Farmer takes on Monsanto in US Supreme Court.
- NPR: Should You Be Worried About Your Meat´s Phosphorus Footprint?
- Coal’s share of global energy mix to continue rising, with coal closing in on oil as world’s top energy source by 2017, says the International Energy Agency’s Electricity in a Climate-Constrained World.
- Building Resilience for Adaptation to Climate Change in the Agriculture Sector: Proceedings of a Joint FAO/OECD Workshop.
- Estimating the Constraints to Agricultural Trade of Developing Countries finds that a 10% improvement in the quality of transport and trade-related infrastructure has the potential of increasing developing countries’ agricultural exports by 30%.