by the editors 07/05/2014
These are some rural development releveant articled we have read recently. Hope you´ll find them as interesting as we do!
- Replacing value chains with value networks – Regional Values in Freiburg (thanks John Devlin @jfdevlin)
A new Report states that widely-used neonicotinoid seed treatments are unnecessary in most cases (thanks John Devlin @jfdevlin)
- Nearly half of the fruits, nuts and vegetables in the United States comes from California. However, now the state is suffering from severe drought and that has consequences for Californian rural communities (via National Public Radio).
- New study by scientists from the Arctic University of Norway reports on poisons in our food.
- Rural Development in the EU 2013
- Strategies for Mitigating Climate Change in Agriculture a major report from California Environmental Associates and Climate Focus
- USDA Announces Funding to Spur Local and Regional Economic Growth in America’s Rural Communities from a USDA News Release