by the editors 5/4/2014
- The FAO makes some interesting infographics. Here´s one on how aquaculture can both feed and employ Africa´s young population
- Many ICRPS participants have spent time discussing what “sustainable” beef really means. Now McDonald´s is also eager to put it´s two cents in (via National Public Radio).
- We should never stop asking where our food comes from. Unfortenately, in North-America the answer is often Tyson Foods, America´s meat factory. (Thanks J. Devlin, @jfdevlin)
- Global warming will cut crop harvests by 2% each decade from the Guardian.
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has released their latest report entitled Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. The report outlines significant challenges for agriculture, food and rural communities as a result of climate change.
- Looking for green business ideas? Here you can read about edible and organic floristry. (Thanks J. Devlin, @jfdevlin)