by the editors 16/01/2014
- What makes a PhD become a fruit picker? (via NPR news)
- ‘Meat Atlas’ charts a changing world of meat eaters article from BBC News and the full report from the Heinrich Boell Foundation– an interesting report about the meat industry, purchasing and dietary habits worldwide, and the implications on the economy and the environment
- Dramatic photos by Mishak Henner of how factory farming is destroying the American landscape
- Also in Denmark local activists are questioning the model of industrial farming. Here a 12 min long film about leading for change: ReDane
- A new book from the Canadian context entitled Revitalizing Rural Economies: A Guide for Practitioners
- On January 20, 2014 Farm Management Canada will be hosting a free webinar on the topic of The Pulse of Global Economics and featuring Dr. Dave Kohl, Professor Emeritus in the Agricultural & Applied Economics Department at Virginia Tech University. The webinar will be broadcast live at 12:00 PM EST.