by the editors, 6/10/2013
These are some of the articles we have come across lately. We hope you enjoy!
- The 9th OECD Rural Developement Policy Confererence will be held in Bologna, Italy 23-25th of October. The topic is Rural-Urban Partnerships: An Integrated Approach to Economic Developement
- Norway invests $23.7 million in crop diversity to ensure resilience and sustainability in preparing for the effects of climate change, according to FAO.
- Suggestions for economic adaptation strategies for American farmers are suggested by Planet Money using the example of Claudia, the high-tech cow (NPR)
- The proceedings are available from the 2013 Economic Revitalization Conference entitled: Building Rural Resilience through Entrepreneurship & Innovation hosted at Queen’s University in Canada.
- More scientific literature on food, agriculture and related topics are now becoming available in 100 poor countries, thanks to AGORA – Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (FAO).
- What the world eats, photos of families, their kitchens and what food they consume during a week, as seen in the current photo exhibition at the Nobel Peace Centre.
Read anything interesting recently? E-mail one of the editors or firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we also have a Facebook group you can use to get in contact with us!
Photo courtesy of Terence Merritt