by the editors, 06/02/2013
- OECD 8th Rural Development Policy Conference: The presentations of the OECD 8th Rural Development Policy Conference are now available online.
- Rural Land in Australia: A framework for the measurement and analysis of nationwide patterns of ownership change, aggregation and fragmentation.
- The Greening of Canadian Agriculture – How to make farmers better stewards of the rural environment.
- Tools and Recommendations for Successful Rural Sustainability Planning in British Columbia.
- A new report for the World Bank by the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and Climate Analytics entitled Turn Down the Heat: Why a 4°C Warmer World Must be Avoided.
- FAO says agroforestry could help millions of people escape poverty, hunger and environmental degradation if new policies are put into place.
- A while back, we published this post on how a rural municipality in Norway managed to recruit qualified health care personnel. In Kansas, they have a similar take on it. However, the Kansas´ program´s solution, is also it´s problem. (via The Rural Blog)