- Could water shortage force us all into vegetarianism sometime in the future?
- A FAO publication says targeted policies and capacity building is crucial for livestock sector developement and poverty reduction.
- Arundo: A miracle crop for biofuel, or a pest?
- Farming for an uncertain future, an interview with Wes Jackson of The Land Institute in Salina, Kansas.
- UN launches new programme to empower rural women and girls
- …and in the end, a little something about the current situation: The OECD has recently published a report on the state of agricultural policy in it´s member countries. We imagine this can be both interesting and useful for many ICRPS alumni. The OECD Agricultural Policy Monitoring and Evaluation 2012 can be downloaded here!
Recently Read is a weekly column where we share some of the links we have come across that are related to rural development in one way or the other, and that we think Summer Institute alumni will find interesting.
You can read what we read previously – here!
Share interesting reads with other ICRPS alumnia! E-mail the editors at email@example.com.
Photo by Suzette Pauwels